Please drag the window on the desktop all the way over to the display edge and the window will be displayed on the HDTV. You may set HDTV to a mirror display.
1.With your TV connected to Mac, open System Preference
3.Select Arrangement tag
4.Check Mirror Display
Transmitting audio to TV
1.Open System Preference
3.Select Output tag
4.Choose external HDMI instead of built-in speaker
1. Supports full 1080p HD digital video
2. Supports HDMI Deep Color 12 bit per channel (36 bit color depth)
3. Supports HDMI 225 MHz/2.25 Gbps per channel (6.75 Gbps all channel) bandwidth
4. Supports uncompressed digital LPCM 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels and compressed digital Bit- Stream
5. Connector: Gold plated Mini Display-Port/Thunderbolt male & HDMI female
6. HDCP compliant
Popular Compatible Models( List is not complete)
* MacBook Pro
* MacBook Pro with Retina Display
* MacBook Air
* Mac Mini
* Mac Pro
* X1 Carbon
Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 Pro (Does NOT work with Surface for Windows RT)
HP Envy 14/17
Dell XPS 14/15/17
Google Chromebook Pixel
1. Mini DisplayPort is NOT compatible with Macs (before 2008) that have Mini-DVI. Please check your port before purchase.
2. Macs made before 2010 are NOT able to output audio over Mini DisplayPort. More info and then check the Model Identifier field in Hardware Overview.
4. This cable can only pass signal from DisplayPort to HDMI port. It is not a bi- directional cable.